PAKCON II: Call for Papers (CfP - 2005)

                        PAKCON II CfP

[ -CALL FOR PAPERS- ]

Papers and presentations are now being accepted for PAKCON II,
Pakistan's Underground Hacking Convention.

WHAT:  PAKCON II Call for Papers.

WHEN:  Starting today, 17 April, 2005, and closing on 15 August, 2005.

WHO:  If you want to speak at PAKCON, you know who you are.

HOW:  If you think you have the galls to speak at PAKCON and have an
interesting paper to go along with, piece together the following
instructions to express your desire to speak:

    e-mail:  PAKCON CfP <cfp@xxxxxxxxxx>

    Submission ends:  15 August, 2005.

    Write an abstract, minimum 1-page long, of your paper and send it
    in.

    File-formats accepted:  plain-text, pdf, LaTeX, doc, abw, html,
    rtf, sxw, sdw.

Yes!  PAKCON is back with a bang.  PAKCON is Pakistan's Underground
Hacking Convention.  And this year, PAKCON will take place sometime in
October, somewhere in Karachi.

Call for papers to be presented at PAKCON II is now officially open.

Unlike last year, requests to present papers at PAKCON will be
accepted more liberally this year.  However, certain topics will still
be given preference over certain other topics.  By being liberal, we
plan to increase the number of speakers who will speak at PAKCON, all
the while striving to maintain the quality of papers and talks
presented.

[ -TOPICS- ]

Topics for papers can be any of these or possibly anything else not
way too off-topic:

    Information Security
    Network and Vulnerability Analysis
    Penetration Testing
    Firewall Technologies
    Intrusion Detection and Prevention Technologies
    Denial-Of-Service Attacks and Countermeasures
    Encryption Technologies
    Honeypots/Honeynets
    (0) Zero-day Attacks
    Incident Response and Disaster Recovery
    Electronic Crimes Law
    GPRS and CDMA Security
    Phreaking
    Access Control and Authentication
    Viruses, Worms, and Trojans
    Wireless LAN and Bluetooth Security
    Malicious Code Analysis
    Analysis of Attacks against Networks and Machines
    OS Hardening
    File System Security
    Security in Heterogenous and large-scale Enviornments
    Techniques for Developing Secure Systems
    Writing Secure Code
    Secure Application Development

[ -TIMING- ]

Each speaker will be alloted a time slot of 1-hour including a
10-minute question-and-answer session.  If a presentation requires
more time, the speaker should inform the organisers beforehand.

[ -RESOURCES- ]

Any additional presentational requirements should be communicated well
in advance to the organisers.  Speakers will be provided a microphone,
a laptop on which their presentations will have been saved and loaded,
a multi-media projector and a reasonably large projector screen.

[ -SPEAKERS FROM OUTSIDE OF KARACHI- ]

We will not pay speakers anything for their talks at PAKCON.  However,
if you are flying in to Karachi from somewhere to present your paper,
we will gladly provide accomodation.  We might be able to to cover
your travelling expenses as well, but only if you let us know in
advance.  If you are visiting Karachi to speak at PAKCON, immidiately
write to us at:

    PAKCON Outside-Speakers <out-speakers@xxxxxxxxxx>

[ -SO?- ]

What are you waiting for?  Finish that cup of whatisit you're drinking
and prepare a paper and submit it to PAKCON.  ;^)

[ -INFO- ]

For detailed information regarding speakers and accepted papers, point
your browsers to PAKCON's official website <http://www.pakcon.org/>.
Updated announcements will be posted to newsgroups, security mailing
lists and this web site.

- --
PAKCON Organiser,                                  http://pakcon.org/

- --
Ayaz Ahmed Khan                                  http://pakcon.org/

   "It's sweet to be remembered, but it's often cheaper
                    to be forgotten."