Re: xemacs qyestion

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:40:26PM +0200, Joost Kremers wrote:

> just now, i installed post-mode myself, because it's so much better than what
> had before. (so thanks for bringing it to my attention! :-)

You're welcome :)

> in the file post.el there is a snippet that needs to be added to
> .emacs (or xemacs' equivalent).

Oh? The post-mode worked just fine once I installed the package. If
there was something added to the configuration, the package management
must have done that for me.

> furthermore, if you use mutt, it is not necessary to add anything to
> auto-mode-alist, because post.el takes care of that itself. (unless
> you customize it do not do that.)

Well, it didn't turn on flyspell-mode for me. I guess it's not
supposed to do that because not everyone would want it and not
everyone has it installed ...

Other than that, I didn't add anything ... Same as you, I had
something else for editing mails until that stopped working. Then I
looked for a replacement and found out that there's post-mode and that
it does nicely what I want.

> so if you have anything else about flyspell-mode in your .emacs, you
> may want to take a look at that. (or send it to me, off-list, if
> you're not sure, then I can take a look at it.)

Thanks for the offer! It's working now --- if flyspell-mode only turns
on after the first mail I'm editing, well, I can live with that :)