Re: Failing to login to IMAP folder. IMAP REFERRAL mesg

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been accessing our microsoft exchange folder using IMAP. But
> yesterday IT did a maintenance and now I cannot access it any more.
>
> I get this error
>
> [REFERRAL imap://iqbala;AUTH=*@MX.EXAMPLE.COM/INBOX] There is no
> replica for that mailbox
>
> Any idea how to work around that?
>
> This is my muttrc (sanitized)
>
> set spoolfile=imap://example.com:143/INBOX
> set folder=imap://example.com:143/
> set record="=Sent Items"
> set trash="=Deleted Items"
> set postponed="=Drafts"
> set mbox_type=Maildir
> set imap_user=iqbala imap_pass=secret

I can telnet to IMAP port just fine

# telnet example.com 143
Trying 1.2.3.4...
Connected to example.com
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 IMAP4rev1 server version
6.5.7638.1 (example.com) ready.

> --
> Asif Iqbal
> PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?