Re: urlview - open firefox tab

On 26Feb2009 22:23, Joseph <syscon780@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/27/09 15:32, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>> | That's good!
>>
>> Indeed. The next test step is like this:
>>  echo http://www.mutt.org/ | urlview -
>> Does that work?
>
> Yes, this works OK; Firefox opens new URL in a tab.

Ok, try this in your .urlview file:

  COMMAND exec >>urlview.out 2>&1; set -x; firefox -remote openURL\(%s,new-tab\)

i.e. insert "exec >>urlview.out 2>&1; set -x;" into the front of your
COMMAND string.

Then use urlview from mutt and examine the urlview.out file afterwards.

If we don't learn anything there we can write a small shell script.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer.
Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does
not go nearly as well with pizza.       - Dave Barry