An idea that might be an improvement

I am gradually learning to use Mutt. I've noticed a
behavior in Mutt that annoys me. Maybe there is a fix
already available. If not, consider this a suggestion.

When I use the history file to quickly find a recently
used mailbox, I notice repeats of mailbox names that
have already appeared earlier in the scroll-back. I
think this should not happen.

The current behavior seems to be as if the scroll-back
reads a file, and each time the user selects a mailbox
to open, Mutt writes a new history with the new selection
inserted at the beginning, such as:

mv .history .history.old -f
echo "$newboxname" >.history
cat .history.old >>.history

I think it would be better to have:

mv .history .history.old -f
echo "$newboxname" >.history
cat .history.old | grep -v "$newboxname" >>.history

With this, each mailbox name appears only once

What say you? Is there already something better?
Is there some reason why this won't really work?
Or why it won't do what I want?
But mostly, already something better?

--
Paul E Condon