Re: quoting urls in replies

++ 10/02/09 09:48 -0800 - Gary Johnson:
>message formatting (HTML?) to text.  There may be an option in the
>program to inhibit that behavior, or you can find the program in
>your mailcap file and add "| col -b" after it.

The generic mailcap file in /etc/ told mutt to use html2text to use for
the conversion from html message parts to plain text only. One of the
options for this application is "-nobs":

  By  default,  html2text  renders underlined letters with sequences
  like "underscore-backspace- character" and boldface letters like
  "character-backspace-character", which  works  fine  when the  output
  is piped into more(1), less(1), or similar.  For other applications,
  or when redi‐ recting the output into a file, it may be desirable not
  to render  character attributes  with such backspace sequences, which
  can be accomplished with this command line option.

I now have overruled the generic text/html mailcap entry with a specific
one in ~/.mailcap, using the same line as in the generic file, but with
the addition of this particular option. This seems to do the trick.

thank you all for all of your help.

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo@xxxxxxxxx> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>
GPG encrypted e-mail prefered.