Re: using mutt with comcast

* Rem P Roberti <remegius@xxxxxxxxxxx> [2009-02-16 10:00:10 -0800]:

I have comcast as my ISP, and while according to comcast I should be
able to use
smtp.comcast.net:25 as my smtp host, whenever I try to send email, I get an
error saying that it is an invalid smtp host.

Comcast is my provider, but port 25 does not work here.  I have to use
port 587.  I am using Mutt in conjunction with msmtp.

Same here.
Sometime last year Comcast claimed that my machine was the source of
some spamming (it was not) and they blocked any mail I tried to send.
They required me to switch to a different port in order to re-enable
outgoing email.

Apparently port 25 is a frequent target for hack attacks, so Comcast is
shutting it down as a security measure.