Re: Archiving

Hi Kyle!

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> storage" archive folder. I use mutt to automatically maintain that
> cutoff, via a folder-hook, like so:
>
>      folder-hook =Sent 'push "<tag-pattern>~r
> >3m<enter><tag-prefix-cond><save-message>=Archive.Sent<enter><untag-pattern>~A<enter>"'
>
> If I ever need to refer to something in deep storage, I can always go
> find it (using mutt) and search for it (using mutt).

The last time I did that it would take an considerably amount of time,
whenever I opened that folder. Well admittedly, that folder containea
about hundreds of mails, but I didn't like it, because mutt was
unresponsive.

But that was years ago, bevor header cache was available, so that
might have changed in the meantime.

That was the reason for me to switch to archivemail, which works
really well and I didn't feel like switching back again. One tool, one
job I guess…

regards,
Christian
114. You are counting items, you go "0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D...".