"N" flag on mailbox index disappears.

Like the lady of yore, the "N" flag that indicates whether there is new
mail in a given mailbox oftentimes vanishes.

I run "fetchmail" (bound to Shift+g in my setup) and as expected, I now
have some "N" flags in the "mailbox index/list" view of mutt.. telling
me that some 3-4 mailboxes contain new mail ready for my perusal.

After processing the first mailbox (read/delete) I switch back to the
mailbox list and... there are no "N" flags any more there to be seen.

All the "N" flags that I was seeing _before_ have now disappeared.

As a result I have to access each and everyone of my 30+ mailboxes in
succession to make sure that I am not missing anything useful hoping
that I don't miss one.

Has anyone been a witness to this?

Happy Friday 13th, and thank you for reading the above...!

CJ