Re: Stopping expansion of periods in mbox name?

Ben wrote:  [Sun Feb 08 2009, 08:41:54AM EST]
> I recently switched mutt versions on one of my computers to
> 1.5.19 from the 1.4 series.  A problem I'm having is that mutt
> is expanding periods in mbox names to forward slashes, as if
> talking to a Maildir imap server.

I think this has less to do with maildir/mbox than it has to do
with some imap servers using / and some using . to nest folders.
Mutt tries to be smart about it and usually succeeds, but...

> For example, I request a change-folder to
> imap://server/firstname.lastname and I get error Can't open
> mailbox mail/firstname/lastname.

You might look at
http://www.mutt.org/doc/devel/manual.html#imap-delim-chars

Possibly setting that to "/" instead of the default "/." will
help?

> I've set mbox_type=mbox

Believe that's unrelated.

> Using mutt 1.4.2.3i with the same configs doesn't do this.

If you can't get it working, file it as a regression at
http://dev.mutt.org/trac/

Hth,
Aron