Re: quoting urls in replies

Hi,

* Rejo Zenger wrote:

The original message contains a line like:

 Please read the manual at http://www.mutt.org!

Then, when I try to reply to that message, this line is quoted like:

 >Please read the manual at
h_^Ht_^Ht_^Hp_^H:_^H/_^H/_^Hw_^Hw_^Hw_^H._^Hm_^Hu_^Ht_^Ht_^H._^Ho_^Hr_^Hg_^H!

Of course, this is not what I want. I don't really understand what does
introduce this magic. Anyone does?

The second form of the URL looks like it contains ansi-escape sequences
to control text attributes like bold text. Mutt can properly render this
kind of text so the URL looks "normal." What you see in the editor is
what it really looks like. If you got such URLs, there's nothing you can
do about it.

Just out of curiosity, who sends ansi-escaped URLs? Does this always
happen (I hope not)?

Rocco