Re: Where did this line come from?

> On 07 Feb 09 16:03, Rem P Roberti wrote:
> > I must be getting senile. Either I have never noticed this before, or I
> > inadvertently messed something up in my .muttrc.  Observe:
> >
> > -N F- 1/1: Rem P Roberti          test         -- (all)
> > Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 15:56:40 -0800
> >
> > Where on earth did the first line in the header (preceding the date)
> > come from?
>
> It is Mutt's statusbar and you certainly did set the variable
> status_on_top to "yes" so the statusbar ist displayed ... on the
> top.
>
> See:
>
> -  L- 3/9: Rem P Roberti     Where did this line come from?  -- (all)
> From: Rem P Roberti <remegius@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Mutt List <mutt-users@xxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Where did this line come from?
>
> If you see this line while viewing a message in the pager it probably
> *looks like* a header because you changed the coloring.
>
> Best regards,
> David

Well...you are quite right.  I see now that it is indeed the status bar.
But for the life of me I don't remember actually seeing the status bar
info showing up again right above the header.  Nor do I really
understand its purpose, because it looks as thought the information
being displayed is essentially the same as the information displayed in
the message list.

---Rem