Re: html mails and umlaute

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 06:41:25PM +0100, Nathan Huesken wrote:
> To view html mails, I have this line in my .mailcap:
>
> text/html; elinks -dump -dump-charset ISO-8859-15 -default-mime-type
> text/html %s; needsterminal; copiousoutput;

i use:

text/html; elinks -dump -eval "set document.codepage.assume = %{charset}" %s;
copiousoutput

if your system is set up properly, there should be no need to specify
-dump-charset, elinks should use the proper charset for your terminal. it
is IME necessary to tell elinks about the encoding of the mail it has to
process, which mutt stores in the variable charset. elinks doesn't have a
proper command line switch to specify the document codepage, but the above
trick works.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers, PhD