Re: Viewing multiple attachments at once

On 20Jan2009 08:47, Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| * Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-20-09 08:28]:
| > I have mails with multiple pictures attached. Is it possible to view
| > them all, i.e. call the viewer with “pic1 pic2 pic3.” My viewer is
| > able to show more than one picture. <tag-prefix><view-attach> doesn't
| > work.
|
| Not directly, to my knowledge, but should be do-able via macro.
|   create a $temp directory
|   extract the attachments to $temp
|   initiate viewer
|   either delete interactive after viewing via viewer
|     or by macro after viewing
|   remove $temp

As a step towards part 2, the "munpack" command will unpack the attachments
of a MIME message. So your macro could pipe the message into a shell script
which makes the temp directory, runs munpack on the input, runs your view,
then tidies up as outlined above.

munpack isn't widely installed though.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

If people were meant to run around naked, they'd have been born that way.
        - Rico the Masher, bpheintz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx