Re: Open a partially encrypted mail

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 02:02:15PM +0000, Jörg Sommer wrote:
I've got a bounce of a message that was encrypted but not with my key.
When opening the message mutt asks for the PGP passphrase but it fails,
because it wasn't encrypted with my key. So mutt refuses to show me the
rest of the message.

I've the same problem with <view-attachments>. Mutt asks for the
passphrase, but if this fails I get nothing. It's not possible to select
the encrypted part and pipe it to an external command or only look at the
attachment structure of the mail.

":unset pipe_decode", then pipe the message or attachment to an external pager like "more" or "less".

There might be a more elegant way, but that will let you see the content.

Ed