Macro for marking as read and then deleting not doing the former

Hello,

I'm relatively new to mutt but am getting into it gradually. I've hooked
it up to my Gmail account via IMAP and this is working fine. However, I
have the following macro that isn't working:

macro pager \Cd '<read-thread><delete-thread>'

The message is marked as deleted and I am taken from the pager back to
the index, but on loading up my account through my webmail the message
has been deleted (archived in Gmail's terms, but this is what should
happen) but it is still marked as unread. So the command isn't going
through.

By contrast, this does work, but is obviously more time consuming:

macro pager \Cd '<read-thread><sync-mailbox><delete-thread><sync-mailbox>'

Any ideas for fixing this?

Thanks,

Sean

--