Re: Alternative Identities

El dijous, 17 de juliol del 2008 a les 20:38, Jorge Luis va escriure:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 09:32:46PM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > # macros to invoke a profile
> > macro   index   <F10>    ":source ~/.mutt/profile.default\n" # "Load
> > default profile"
> > macro   pager   <F10>    ":source ~/.mutt/profile.default\n" # "Load
> > default profile"
> > macro   index   <F11>    ":source ~/.mutt/profile.lfs\n" # "Load profile:
> > LFS"
> > macro   pager   <F11>    ":source ~/.mutt/profile.lfs\n" # "Load profile:
> > LFS"
> >

> I'm using this system now to good effect.  There's one minor improvement
> I'd like to make, but I'm not sure how to do it.  Is there some way to
> cause these macros to load the respective mboxes upon execution?  As
> they stand, I have to call up the mbox listing manually after sourcing
> the macros.

I am using the same approach and I have been playing with multiple imap
accounts to understand how it behavews. I cannot fully understand how mutt
changes imap folders (Mutt 1.5.16):

I have some files with my account definition, with the following information:

$ cat ~/.mutt/Comptes/joanet
set folder=imap://localhost
set imap_user=username
set imap_pass=password
set imap_authenticators=login

$ cat ~/.mutt/Comptes/uab
set folder=imap://imap.uab.es:143
set imap_user=username
set imap_pass=password
set imap_authenticators=login

This code in muttrc successfully loads the imap account definition (I have
tryed with both accounts):

# Default mailbox
source ~/.mutt/Comptes/joanet

If I issue the command c (change-folder) ?, I get the desired list of the imap
folders of the defined account.

I was expecting I could source the other imap account definition, and mutt
would be in the other account. If I enter mutt with one account and I source
the other account:
:source ~/.mutt/Comptes/uab

when issuing command c (change-folder) ?, mutt is waiting to get the list of
folders or shows the folders of the account it was first sourced. It seems that
sourcing the other account does not change the default imap folder.

I have tried different options (like unsettinng imap_user imap_pass and tunnel
before account definition) with similar results.

Is there another option I should set to be able to change imap accounts when
inside mutt?

Thanks for the attention!

--
Location: 41:24:51N (41.41417) 2:11:25E (2.1903)
Linux User: #463211