tag-prefix in macros

Hi all,

To simplify a complex (and let's pretend it's theoretical ;-)
scenario, I'd like to do something like:

  macro index,pager,attach b '<enter-command> foo<enter><bounce-message>'

Now anybody familiar with tag-prefix will see the problem
here...  The default binding falls flat:

  bind generic ';' tag-prefix

In particular, the tag-prefix applies to enter-command, not to
bounce-message as one would like.  Attempting to insert
tag-prefix or tag-prefix-cond in the macro doesn't work either,
since that might not be the intention.

So far, this is what I've done to deal with this scenario:

  bind  generic            ';'  noop
  macro index,pager,attach 'b'  '<enter-command> foo<enter><bounce-message>'
  macro index,pager,attach ';b' \
    '<tag-prefix-cond><enter-command> foo<enter><tag-prefix><bounce-message>'

Of course this means rebuilding the full set of bindings.  Any
other ideas?  (apart from changing the approach, remember this is
supposedly theoretical...)

Thanks,
Aron