Re: mutt and plaintext passwords : muttrc encryption ?

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 05:12:50PM +0100, Michele Martone wrote:
> Has anybody thought or heard of a solution like this, or similar ?

I have two solutions that I’m using (on two different machines):

1.  On my work GNOME machine, I have some python scripts that query
    the GNOME Keyring for my passwords.

2.  On my home machine, I use GPG to decrypt the password part of the
    muttrc.

In both cases, my .mutt/muttrc is in plaintext, which sources the
output of either the GNOME Keyring script or the GPG script.
        —Justin