Re: User's inbox

* Rem P Roberti <remegius@xxxxxxxxxxx> [07-11-08 13:03]:
> > > my X apps.
> >
> > what does "lpoptions" report?
> > what does "lpq" report?
> >
> > have you tried the web based cups control?
> >   http://localhost:631
> >
> > it sounds like you do not have a printer defined that lp is aware of.
>
> Localhost:631 shows my postscript printer installed and accepting jobs.
> The output of lpoptions:
>
> media=Letter sides=one-sided finishings=3 copies=1
> job-hold-until=no-hold job-priority=50 number-up=1
> auth-info-required=none job-sheets=none,none printer-info='GENERIC
> PostScript Printer' printer-is-accepting-jobs=1 printer-is-shared=1
> printer-location printer-make-and-model='Generic PostScript Printer
> Foomatic/Postscript (recommended)' printer-state=3
> printer-state-change-time=1215794769 printer-state-reasons=none
> printer-type=12316

above shows that your printer is "GENERIC PostScript Printer".  Is
that what http://localhost:631 reports?

> The output of lpq reveals: lpq: printer not found

I would try:

lpoptions -d <printer name reported by cups/http> > media=Letter |\
sides=one-sided finishings=3 copies=1 job-hold-until=no-hold |\
job-priority=50 number-up=1 auth-info-required=none |\
job-sheets=none,none printer-is-accepting-jobs=1 printer-is-shared=1 \|
printer-location printer-state=3 printer-state-change-time=1215794769 \|
printer-state-reasons=none printer-type=12316

warning, untested:  read "man lpoptions" and save the output of
"lpoptions" so you can restore it if the above makes a mess  :^(

> As stated earlier, if I use X apps (Thunderbird for example) I have no
> problem printing.

What distro are you running?  Have you *ever* been able to print from
the cl?  What printer and what name is assigned in cups?

ps: this conversation may be off-topic or vary loosely on-topic as it
pertains to/originated with printing from mutt.

ps1: I use muttprint but it requires lp to know your printer.