Re: searching in base64-encoded messages

On Mon 14.Apr.08 14:11, Steve S wrote:
Occasionally, I get mail where the content is base64 encoded

[...]

The problem is that I can search the message body for some text only when I view it in the pager since Mutt correctly decodes the content. But from the message index a search "~b EXPR" matches nothing b/c, I guess, Mutt does not decode anything then.

Can I solve this from within Mutt, e.g. decode a message before a search, just like it is done when viewing it? I found nothing in the manual

See $thorough_search.

--
redondos