[out of topic] Problem with mutt and X launched through a login manager

Hi,

Sorry for this message a little bit out of topic : my problem appears
with mutt, but it's not due to mutt. But if someone has an idea to solve
it and so that I can use mutt...

I'm running under debian sid with e17.

Here is my problem :
When I login myself through a tty and then launch e17 with startx (so
without a display/login manager), I don't have any problem.
When I launch slim (a login manager), I login myself, e17 startx
perfectly and all works fine except the "console program" as htop or
top. top is very slow and htop is completly freezed. If I go back to
tty1 (through ctrl+alt+f1) the keyboard badly responds and If I launch
mutt I can't do anything. If I kill slim all "console program" work fine.
I have tested with fluxbox instead of e17. I get the same problem.
I have tested with xdm or gdm instead of slim and I get the same problem
too.

I have seen on the slim homepage that it could be good to pass vt08 in
xserver_argument. I have tested it : slim is launched on tty8 but I get
exactly the same problem...

Thanks for your attention,
Regards,
Guillaume