Re: Moving a non-trivial mail setup to mutt

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:05:16 +0200
Jussi Peltola <pelzi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Try:
> set folder="imap://user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/"
> c =<folder>

Typing '?' at this point results in an immediate segfault
(v1.5.13'). What gives? With 'c' it works though. Is there a way of
only having to specify part of the folder name? I'm using the TAB key
all the time in bash.

My .muttrc has now grown to this:

--------------------
set folder=imap://server/
set imap_user="xx"
set imap_pass="xx"

mailboxes =INBOX /var/mail/dh

ignore *
unignore from date subject to cc
--------------------

When I start mutt, it shows me the stuff in the local spool. As soon
as I do some folder-oriented stuff it dives into the IMAP server, but
how can I now access my local hierarchy under ~/Mail?

In principle I'd like to keep all locally (POP3) receiced mail in the
~/Mail hierarchy and the other stuff on the IMAP server.

> Maybe you should post your muttrc and fetchmail config...

fetchmal just works. It (or ratherm, exim) puts everything
into /var/mail/dh.

> Expect a few evenings of muttrc tuning (read the man page at least
> once) and you should get quite a bit farther.

That's the kind of thing I normally enjoy, which is why I thought mutt
could be something for me.

--D.