Re: set up trash for deleted messages

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 02:15:45PM +1100, hce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I saw some discussions on how to set up a trash for deleted messages,
> but could not find details. Could anyone show me:
>
> (a) a setup command to move all deleted messages to a trash file?
>
> (b) A key bind to delete messages in trash permanently?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jim

This works for me ( in .muttrc).

_________

# poor mans trash
folder-hook .      'macro index d "<save-message>=trash<enter>"'
folder-hook =trash 'macro index d <delete-message>'

---------

I'm no expert, but apparently the first line puts everything in the "trash"
folder when you delete from to current folder (.).

The second line allows you to actually _delete_ stuff when you delete from
the trash folder.

(I forgot where I got this -- I certainly didn't invent it myself.)

Best,

John Velman