Re: Question on 'tmpdir' configuration variable

Hello Kyle,

On Jan 13, 2008 9:58 PM, Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Saturday, January 12 at 09:32 PM, quoth Francis Moreau:
> > Is it possible to specify a path for this variable which does not
> > exist and need to be created ?
>
> Nope.
>
> > For example I'd like to do:
> >
> > set tmpdir = "./.mutt-tmp"
>
> However, you CAN do this:
>
>      set tmpdir = `mkdir -p ./.mutt-tmp ; echo ./.mutt-tmp`

Cool, I didn't know about that.

However thinking more on my needs, I think my initial request is not
appropriate: what I really need the following:

First I'm using emacs to compose my email but I suspect the same is
true for others editors.

When working in a project directory, I sometimes need to write an
email including some outpouts coming from a shell command. So I launch
mutt then start composing my email using emacs. But emacs was launches
to edit '/tmp/Mutt-xxx', therefore the working directory of emacs is
now /tmp which is not very interesting if I need to start some shell
commands. To workaround this I set tmpdir to '.' which works fine.

But there is still a little issue: if I do an 'ls' command for
example, I now see the Mutt-xxx file in my current directory which is
a little bit annoying.

So the question is now: can I specify the template of this temporary
file used by mutt when composing an email ?

Thanks
--
Francis