Re: mutt looses new marker on mailboxes

Hallo Ross,

Ross Vandegrift <rvandegrift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 06:15:46PM -0500, Jörg Sommer wrote:
>> > once you open an mbox folder/file, you have unset the, "N", new flag.
>> > New mail will remain in the file and remain marked new until you open
>> > it, but the file/folder will no longer be new, ie: you have accessed it.
>>
>> But IMAP folder don't loose the N flag. And mutt-ng achieve the flag,
>> too. This there an hook I can use to set the flag manually?
>>
>> > do not open/access folders that you want to retain the new flag.
>>
>> You are funny. I want to read the message before I decide to postpone the
>> answer.
>
> Don't use the "N" flag.  After the "N" flag is clearned, mutt should set
> the "O" flag.  When you tab through messages, you'll get to O messages
> after the N ones are gone.

And is the O flag visible on the mailbox level? Do I have to go into the
mailbox to see if there are Old mails?

In the meantime I've switched to maildir format. It has to drawbacks:
empty mailboxes aren't removed and the timing of the mailbox isn't the
one of the last change. So sorting maildirs according to the timestamp is
useless. But I could work around this issue with a small shell script.

Bye, Jörg.
--
Die zehn Gebote Gottes enthalten 172 Wörter, die amerikanische
Unabhängigkeitserklärung 300 Wörter, die Verordnung der europäischen