Re: Mutt just hangs

On 20Dec2007 15:48, Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| > Also, if I want to attach multiple files, the use of multiple -a
| > commands works; however, can I just provide a list of files names
| > and use the -a option only once.
|
| Yes, you can avoid using the -a flag multiple times, but only with the
| devel-tree version (1.5.x) of mutt. The stable mutt (1.4.x) doesn't
| have that feature. Here's the 1.5.x man page entry:
|
|      -a file [...]
|          Attach a file to your message using MIME. To attach multiple
|          files, separating filenames and recipient addresses with "--"
|          is mandatory, e.g. mutt -a img.jpg *.png -- addr1 addr2.

And if the 1.5 series isn't feasible for you I have a small shell script
that invokes mutt with multiple -a options from a list of filenames.
But the 1.5 series mutt is the better approach.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

1st Law Economists: For every economist there exists an equal and opposite
                    economist.
2nd Law Economists: They're both always wrong!