Re: Odd 'new mail' effect on new system

On Thu, Dec 06, 2007 at 11:21:17AM +0100, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Hi Chris!
>
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2007, Chris G wrote:
>
> > It all works pretty much the same (no change of home directory so my
> > muttrc is the same one) except that every time I send a mail message
> > mutt tells me there's new mail in my sentmail folder - true enough but
> > not very helpful!  It didn't do that on the BSD system.
> >
> > What do I need to do to fix this - or what can I do to diagnose what's
> > going on?
>
> Have you specified your sentmail folder as mailbox in your .muttrc?

I don't *think* so, and anyway why would it change on the change of
OS, the muttrc is the same file - still works on the old FreeBSD
system.

..... but, yes, you're right, I have :-

    set record=~/Mail/sentmail
    mailboxes ~/Mail/inbox `echo ~/Mail/lists/*` `echo ~/Mail/*` `echo
~/Mail/spam/*`

... but why don't I see 'new mail' in ~/Mail/sentmail on the FreeBSD
system?

Anyway it's fairly easy to fix, I can just move my sentmail somewhere
else, or simpler remove the `echo ~/Mail/*` from mailboxes as there's
nothing else there which receives new mail now.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
Chris Green