Re: spoolfile, folder, and 'y'

On Tuesday, November  6 at 10:28 PM, quoth list-user:
> I have now the following in my muttrc:
> set spoolfile   = "/home/user/mutt_mail/inbox"
> set folder      = "/home/user/mutt_mail"
>
> set copy
> set record      = +/sent
> set postponed   = +/draft
> mailboxes       = +/inbox
> mailboxes       = +/a
> mailboxes       = +/b

You're misusing the mailboxes command (though in a non-critical
fashion). The mailboxes command is NOT like a 'set' command. You do
not need to use an equals sign, and in fact you *should* not use an
equals sign (because, lets face it, you are not setting anything equal
to anything else). The only reason it's working is because '=' is a
synonym for '+' in mutt (aka $folder). So your setup there is
equivalent to this:

     mailboxes $folder $folder/inbox
     mailboxes $folder $folder/a
     mailboxes $folder $folder/b

Read the documentation for the mailboxes command; you can achieve the
same thing in a single line:

     mailboxes +/inbox +/a +/b

> By pressing 'y' I get the following overview:
>
> ... 0.4K Nov 06 21:22 =/
> ... 0.1K Nov 03 13:53 =draft/
> ... 0.1K Nov 01 21:45 =inbox/
> ... 0.1K Nov 03 18:52 =a/
> ... 0.1K Nov 04 12:05 =b/
> ... 0.1K Nov 04 12:05 =sent/
>
> Selecting the first entry I see all folders in /home/user/mutt_mail/
> Is that a correct set-up?

Yes.

> How can I avoid having the 1st entry, which might be confusing.

You can't; it's in there because of $folder.

~Kyle
- --
Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.
                                                 -- George Bernard Shaw