Re: "quitting" limits

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 05:46:30PM +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:

> When I'm using a <limit> in the index, I always try to hit 'q' to get
> back to the index view, but of course there's nothing to quit. The
> macro below changes l such that 'q' will unlimit, and a subsequent 'q'
> will then quit mutt:
>
> macro index l '<enter-command>macro index q
> "<limit\>.<enter\><enter-command\>bind index q quit<enter\>"<enter><limit>'

Cool, thanks!

What I find is that I want it to unlimit when my current limit runs out
of messages.  So if I'm deleting messages, I might resync to get rid of
them.  After the resync if the limit is empty, I want it to show all
messages again (and put the cursor on the first unread).  Has anyone
already done that?

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@xxxxxxxx