Re: Problem printing doc-attachments

On 2007-09-18, Holger Lillqvist <holger.lillqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not certain this is the right forum to ask this question.. anyway.
>
> I recently switched Linux distribution (from Debian Sarge to Ubuntu
> Feisty) and since that I've the following problem printing mutt
> attachments using openoffice (mostly doc-attachments): my system is
> unable to use a running instance of openoffice to open the attachment.
> So going into the attachment menu and hitting enter at the appropriate
> line, the attachment is loaded into openoffice _only_ if there is
> no openoffice already running. Otherwise I get the oo error message
> "/tmp/[file_name] does not exist".
>
> Any suggestions how to fix this problem? The relevant line in my
> .mutt.mailcap is:
>
> application/msword; ooffice %s

I upgraded to Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 4 some months ago
and had a similar problem.  I fixed it by changing that line to
this:

   application/msword; mutt_rem_bgrun openoffice.org-2.1 -view %s

I need the "mutt_rem_bgrun" command because I run mutt on a Solaris
machine and run viewers for MS attachments remotely on the Linux
box.  In your case, this might work:

   application/msword; ooffice -view %s

I don't know if that will help, but it's something to try.

Regards,
Gary