Re: Colors and... nano or native pager??

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 11:25:05AM -0400, John wrote:

> Here's one way of doing it, mostly lifted from the efforts of
> others. You can fiddle with colors to suit yourself, of course.

Thank you so very much, John. Actually, right after looking at
your code I started fiddling with it as suggested, and I came up
with something quite satisfactory to my taste.

The only thing, at this line:

> color normal    black default

I had to change "default" to "white" in order to get a white
background.

Also changed a few others things... and this totally takes care of
my first question. Thanks again! It's been very much appreciated.

As to the other question, mutt's vs. an external text editor, if I
were to keep nano for the time being, how would I go about making
nano display the same color pattern I have already achieved in
mutt? I spent hours with the nano manual, and all that talk about
regexp parameters in order to configure color is totally confusing
to me. Given that nano seems a popular choice as a mutt's editor,
my hope is that others have done that already (make their nano
match mutt's .muttrc colors) and will share their savvy here in a
more intellegible fashion, just as you have just done.

Franz