Re: Colors and... nano or native pager??

=- promulgato@xxxxxxxx wrote on Sun 16.Sep'07 at  6:30:04 -0700 -=

> { color config }
> I do not know enough to create my own, so can someone suggest
> where some good code to that extent for my .muttrc can be found?

See ConfigList on wiki.

> Advantages/disadvantages of using an external editor?

External editor (which need not be GUI like nano!) is always better
than mutt's built-in (if you really meant that rather than merely a
_textmode_ editor like vi), because built-in is too primitive to be
happy with it all the time.

Then you choose between GUI (nano) and TUI (vi or the like).
GUI needs X, which you sometimes don't have when you use mutt, so a
TUI would be better to get used to if you expect non-X setups.

As for pager: stick with mutt's as long as possible, it's powerful
enough.