Re: signature at the beginning, not the end

On 2007-09-14, Ben Gladwell wrote
> Maybe someone should explain to me what's so bad about top posting.
> Seems like a matter of preference to me.

It *is* a matter of preference, as are good manners.  Top posting puts
the burden of putting the poster's reply in context and logical order on
the readers; as such it is selfish behavior.  Selfish behavior was once
considered poor manners, even rude.

If you choose to fart in a crowded elevator, expect some of your fellow
travelers to tell you that you stink.

--
David Ellement
HP Confidential