Re: (Auto-)extracting forwarded mail

On 09.09.2007 (17:04), Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Eyolf Østrem <eyolf@xxxxxxxxxxx> [09-09-07 15:28]:
> > I have a mail address at work which is bound to a Windws/Outlook
> > server that I can't access directly from my own machine, only through
> > webmail.
> > I have set up an auto-forwarding filter at the server, so I get all
> > the mail to my regular box, but all the mails look as if they are from
> > me.
> >
> > Is there a way to automatically remove the outer message and only see
> > the original message when it arrives in my inbox, e.g. through
> > procmail or something?
> > What about encodings, headers, etc - are there things to be aware of
> > there? If I just remove everything up to where the original message
> > begins, it appears in the index with a date in feb 1970 and with the =
> > line dividers in place. (Se below for full message, with addresses
> > masked).
> >

> > what I would like to see is what the message looks like in the pager:
>
> Forward an email to yourself as an attachment at an address accessable
> via mutt, the save the attachment to a mail directory (or anywhere for
> that matter), then open than mail/file with mutt.

That's what I'm doing now - my question was if there is a way to
automatically remove the wrapper mail and only see the original
message.
I assume this can be done in procmail or something, but I haven't
figured out how.

eyolf

--
Paired opposites define your longings and those longings imprison you.

  -- The Zensunni Whip