Re: set spoolfile

* Chris <atstake@xxxxxxxxx> [08-19-07 05:25]:
> I set my spoolfile in .muttrc as /home/user/Mail/username and did a
> "cat /var/mail/username >  /home/user/Mail/username" and it looks ok.
> But every time I fetchmail (using fetchmail), it gets ended up in
> /var/mail/username.

Mutt does *not* tell fetchmail where to deliver mail.  Fetchmail
delivers mail to the system's <user> mailbox, which happens to be
/var/mail/<user>.

> Is there any way to fetch the mails in /home/user/Mail/username? I
> also use procmail to filter mails.

Have fetchmail hand the mail off to procmail and set DEFAULT in
procmail to /home/user/Mail/username.

from ~/.procmailrc
SHELL="/bin/bash"
SPOOL="/var/spool/mail"
MAILDIR="$HOME/mail"
DEFAULT="$SPOOL/pat"

you want
DEFAULT="/home/user/Mail/<username>"

If you pipe all mail thru procmail, what is not directed somewhere
else is delivered to $DEFAULT.