Re: How do #(break-thread) and &(link-threads) work

* Olivier on Thursday, August 16, 2007 at 08:56:55 +0200
>  # deleted In-Reply-To and References headers
>  & added In-Reply-To or References header
>
> When trying those two features, I think I could verify the first
> asumption, but not the second. I can't see any new In-Reply-To or
> References header in a just-linked message.
>
> So my question is:
>
> I am right (and then how does mutt recognize that the newly linked
> message in indeed part of the thread it was just added to) or am I
> wrong (and then how can I be, are my glasses (or brain) broken ? ;-)

I can't answer the last question ;)

Otherwise, the header is inserted when the mailbox is written
(eg. when you change folder).

This is diagnosed from practice, a developer could explain you
with the corresponding source code.

Python Mutt utilities <http://www.blacktrash.org/hg/muttils/>