Re: Attribution shows date from Received: header in stead of Date:

Hi Kirill,

* Kirill Miazine <km@xxxxxxxx> [17-07-2007 14:31]:

>>> Do you use the %() format in your attribution?
>>>
>>>   %(fmt)  the local date and time when the message was received.
>>>           ``fmt'' is expanded by the library function ``strftime'';
>>>           a leading bang disables locales
>>>
>>> Try %{}.
>>
>> This doesn't really help -- my question pertains to the date the
>> message was sent (this is how I interpret the Date:) header.
>
> I suppose I did answer your question, which was why your attribution
> uses the timestamp on which the message was received, rather than the
> timestamp in the Date: header of the message.
>
> The value in the Date: header is set by the sender (the %{} format) and
> it's different from the time at which the message was received (the %()
> format). So I asked if you were using the %() format in your
> attribution.
>
> Show us what you have in your "attribution". You seem to have modified
> the default.

You were absolutely right -- I didn't notice the difference since some
send-hook kicked in when I was doing some tests.  And I didn't
interpret the documentation correctly.  Now it's working fine.

Thanks for bearing with me ;-)

Bye,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

Like a blind man in an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
-Frank Drebin, "Naked Gun 33 1/3:  The Final Insult"