Re: 1.5.16 build issues on BSD

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 06:24:08PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> I'm trying to build mutt 1.5.16 on a BSD system (it's not mine, it's my
> hosting provider,
> Gradwell.Net).
>
> uname -a gives:-
>
>     FreeBSD newred.gradwell.net 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #1

<snip>

> Can anyone suggest how to get around this problem, don't say upgrade the OS as
> I said it's not mine so that's not a possibility.  I either need to provide
> the
> missing functions somehow or tell mutt not to use them.

I'm using a different BSD, so I can't help with particulars, but...

One thing you might try is looking at what's going on in the FreeBSD
ports, for two reasons. First, you may be able to build out of the ports
tree and get what you need. Second, even if you don't want to actually
use ports you may find very helpful pointers there on building mutt
correctly on FreeBSD. :-)

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/