Encoding of pinentry dialog with mutt 1.5.16 and gpgme backend

Hi,

I'm using a self compiled mutt 1.5.16 with gpgme backend and without classic
pgp or smime integration. This requires configuration of gpg-agent and
pinentry. I've done this so far and it works correctly e.g. with file
decryption on the command line.

The locale on this computer is iso8859-15 aka de_DE@euro.

Now if I send mails with mutt and want to sign them, gpgme seems to invoke
gpg-agent which invokes pinentry as well. There is a problem on this path,
the pinentry dialog shows wrong characters which seem to be utf8 but are not
correctly decoded (e.g. double characters where german umlauts should be).
I assume there's something wrong in invoking gpg-agent by
mutt. Is this a problem of mutt configuration or a bug in gpgme backend?

Greets
Alex

--
GnuPG-FP: 02C8 A590 7FE5 CA5F 3601  D1D5 8FBA 7744 CC87 10D0