Waiting for flock attempt ... ?

Hi all,

Mutt 1.5.15 (2007-04-06)
System: FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT (i386)

These days when I open mutt I am seeing the following printed:

   Waiting for flock attempt ...

And a count-down e.g.

   Waiting for flock attempt ... <count-down of seconds>

After the count-down period (about 5 seconds) I do eventually get my INBOX.

I have no clue what this is. I assume flock is "file lock" ?

INBOX is coming from a Maildir via IMAP using Dovecot.

Any clues people ?

 -aW

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Australian Defence
Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the CRIMES ACT
1914.  If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.