HOWTO: remember place in folder browser, imap folder stats

I'm trying to figure out how to do two things in mutt.

1)

I would like mutt to remember where I am when browsing folders, so that
when I exit a folder, I don't have to start at the top of the list and
scroll down over and over.

In other words say I have this situation:

                    IN.mymail
                    LIST.mutt
                --> LIST.unix-local
                    LIST.linux-kernel
                    LIST.usergroup

...and I hit enter to read LIST.unix-local, when I am put back in the
folder browser, this happens:

                --> IN.mymail
                    LIST.mutt
                    LIST.unix-local
                    LIST.linux-kernel
                    LIST.usergroup

...forcing me to scroll all the way down again.

How do I configure mutt to start where it left off?

2)

When I'm browsing my imap folders, mutt shows the list of folders, but
doesn't tell me if there are any messages in them or not. Is there a
setting to make it show the message count, a flag to show something
is new, etc? Combined with problem number 1 above, it makes browsing
through my email a chore. I split my mail into folders for lists,
administration, etc, so I have at least 20 of them at any one time.

Am I out of luck, or did I just miss the right part of the manual?

--
shannon           | There is no such thing as security.  Life is either