Re: attach multiple files from command line

Gary Johnson wrote:

> > Well, currently, everything listed after a "--" is considered a
> > recipient. You could maybe have a flag to change that so that
> > everything listed after a -- is considered an attachment.
>
> Or, anything after -a and before any other token beginning with - is
> considered an attachment.  Examples:

[snip]

This would seem the most logical solution to me.  Either that, or do
the globbing from mutt and specify mutt -a '*.png' me@xxxxx you@xxxxx
or so.  Right now I don't see any other ways that would be nicer or
easier.

I don't think globbing necessarily has to be done by the shell if
there is a good reason to do it from the program itself.  However, I
have run into problems before where the C "glob" function didn't
expand across symbolic links to directories, even though the shell
would.  Using the shell might be more robust.

Kind regards,

     Hein Zelle

--

 Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who
 it's friends are.

 Hein Zelle                     hein@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                http://www.icce.rug.nl/~hein