Re: Mutt Newbie;Configuring Mutt

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 06:02:24PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 05:43:13PM -0500, pobega wrote:
> Hello all. I'm new to using Mutt, I'm switch over from Sylpheed.
>
> I've already noticed that Mutt is very powerful, especially for a
> terminal application!
>
> What I'd like to do is change Mutt's default directory from ~ to ~/mail,
> because I really dislike having files in my ~ directory. Currently I have
> mbox and sent in my ~ directory, it's not overly annoying but it's just
> something I'd like to do.
>
> I'm currently working on filtering using Procmail and SpamAssassin, but
> I'd like to move everything into ~/mail before I do anything more with
> them. I've looked through the documentation but I really can't find
> anything useful, even Google turned up little to nothing.

set folder=$HOME/mail

There are a LOT of helpful mutt resources out there, starting with
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/

> Currently I'm not subscribed to the mutt-users list, so CC me if you
> respond to this message. Once I get everything working I'll definitely
> be subscribing though. Thanks for your time!

The earlier you subscribe the better. ;) I've picked up some very useful
knowledge here even when I didn't have a question.

--
Darrin Chandler                   |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
dwchandler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx          |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/