Re: How to tell if a maildir has mail in it?

On Tuesday 2007-02-20 13:14:21 +0000, Eur Ing Chris Green wrote:
> I think this is one of my major problems with Maildir.
>
> How do you tell whether a maildir mailbox has mail in it without
> actually opening it?  If it was an mbox you'd see the size which,
> amazingly enough, is zero if it's empty.  But with a maildir box all
> you see is the directory size which tells you nothing about whether
> there's anything in it.
>
> There's the 'N' flag indicating new mail but nothing to indicate the
> presence of old mail (or is there?).

I recently asked for the same thing.  Unfortunately AFAIK actually
there is no way to achieve that with mutt, but since it seems to be a
reasonable request (at least two users asking for it) there is hope to
see it implemented if we file it as a wish-list.

Cheers
--
Employees and their families are not eligible.