problem tagging collapsed messages

Hi,

Mutt doesn't seem to tag messages which are collapsed. I have a macro
that marks all the unread messages as read, and now that I'm collapsing
certain mailboxes, Mutt doesn't tag all the new messages.

Googling a bit I found this webpage (mail archive)
http://www.mail-archive.com/mutt-users@xxxxxxxx/msg21973.html
that basically says that Mutt ignores collapsed messages when tagging
and searching. Is this true? is it documented?

The tag-thread feature (the killer feature of 1.5.13: ~() ) doesn't have
a consistent behaviour too; tagging al threads with new messages on them
(~(~N)) tags only the first message of the thread.

Does anybody else has this problem?

what is the expected behaviour? After all, the reasons provided in the
mail referred above might be valid.
--
Javier Rojas

GPG Key ID: 0xA1C57061