Re: "Mailbox is read-only.", but it isn't

* On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 cl@xxxxxxxx (cl@xxxxxxxx) muttered:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 01:39:43PM +0100, Michael Tatge wrote:
> > * On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 cl@xxxxxxxx (cl@xxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > > The mail spool file is /var/mail/cgreen, permissions are:-
> > >     -rw-rw----    1 cgreen   mail       835067 Jan 24 09:38
> > > /var/mail/cgreen
> > > However when I try and delete (or move) a message using mutt it just
> > > says "Mailbox is read-only.", what's the problem?
> >
> > Sounds like a locking problem. Can you mutt_dotlock the file manually?
> >
> I can 'mutt_dotlock <any parameter> /var/mail/cgreen' with no
> errors, does that mean it's OK?

Check the return code with echo $?.

HTH,

Michael
--
Running Windows on a Pentium is like having a brand new Porsche but only
be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
Jabber:     init[0]@amessage.de