Re: "Mailbox is read-only.", but it isn't

* cl@xxxxxxxx <cl@xxxxxxxx> [24-01-2007 15:25]:

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 01:39:43PM +0100, Michael Tatge wrote:
> > * On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 cl@xxxxxxxx (cl@xxxxxxxx) muttered:
> > > The mail spool file is /var/mail/cgreen, permissions are:-
> > >
> > >     -rw-rw----    1 cgreen   mail       835067 Jan 24 09:38
> > > /var/mail/cgreen
> > >
> > > I can edit the file directly using (for example) vi and can delete a
> > > message and write the file this way.
> > >
> > > However when I try and delete (or move) a message using mutt it just
> > > says "Mailbox is read-only.", what's the problem?
> >
> > Sounds like a locking problem. Can you mutt_dotlock the file manually?
> >
> Well I can 'mutt_dotlock <any parameter> /var/mail/cgreen' with no
> errors, does that mean it's OK?

I assume so.  You have not by any chance aliased 'mutt' to 'mutt -R'
or something?  Have you tried firing up mutt with:

  /path/to/mutt -n -F /dev/null -f /var/mail/cgreen

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

This is not a spam.  You receive this message because you are on.
a list of email addresses I have bought.