Re: Help please with mutt

* On 2007.01.22, in <000001c73e2d$02c60210$2bc809c0@IT3>,
*       "David Hoover" <dhoover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a system running Red Hat Linux. We did a reboot on December 20, 2006.
> Prior to the reboot, mutt was working great. After the reboot, I have no
> e-mails going out using mutt. I have tried to manually send an e-mail using
> mutt beside the automated script that had been working prior to the reboot.
> My hope is that you might be able to spot what is missing to have cased mutt
> to have stopped.

If a reboot stopped your ability to send mail, but not to read it, then
it's very possible that the problem is your SMTP server, not mutt.
Check that sendmail (or postfix, or qmail, or whatever you use) is
running.

You can verify this with ps (is it running now) and chkconfig (does your
system run it on boot).

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago