Re: Periodic Mutt SMTP Errors

* On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 Bill (tfc4@xxxxxxxxxx) muttered:
> Periodically I'm getting SMTP errors using Mutt.
> following format, always when sending to addresses involving Comcast
> or other major ISPs:
>
> host gateway-r.comcast.net[204.127.198.26] said: 550 24.20.51.17
> blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=comcast,dc=net -> Comcast.net subscribers
> are not permitted to directly connect to this mail server.

Sounds like you're delivering directly from a dynip where you should
have used a relay (smarthost).
Configure the MTA to use a relay server. You might also want to look at
http://wiki.mutt.org/?LightSMTPagents

HTH,

Michael
--
"Who cares if it doesn't do anything?  It was made with our new
Triple-Iso-Bifurcated-Krypton-Gate-MOS process ..."

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
Jabber:     init[0]@amessage.de